- A minimum of 10 and maximum of 15 high-resolution photos must be uploaded for each entry.
- Each photo must be compressed to be less than 2MB (See below for instructions on how to compress photos).
- Photos must NOT show or display company names or logos on vehicles, clothing, hats, equipment, or landscape plans. Entries including photos with this information will automatically be disqualified.
- “Before” photos are strongly recommended.
- Interior entries are encouraged to submit detailed photos of drainage and watering systems in progress.
- All Design/Build entries must include a photo of the site plan as one of the required photos. For other entries, a site plan photo is highly recommended but not required.
- Craftsmanship entries must include at least five close-up shots showing details (e.g., joint connections, stone caps). Photos of detail drawings are also encouraged.
- Photos can not exceed a total combined size of 30MB, we recommend no more than 2MB per photo.
*All photos become the property of LCA and may be used for any purpose LCA deems appropriate. LCA accepts no responsibility for copyright or photographic fees.
How to Compress Your Photos
PC Using Microsoft Word
- Insert the images into a Microsoft Word document. Photos can be inserted by dragging and dropping them into word.
- Double click on the photo.
- Click on the "Compress Pictures" icon, circled below.
- In the "Compress Pictures" menu, select “Print (220 ppi): excellent quality on most printers and screens.”
- Click "OK."
- Right click on the picture, select "Save as Picture."
- Name the new file.
- Select the "jpeg" file format.
- Click "Save."
- To verify the size of the file, right click on the photo and go to "Properties."
Mac Using Preview
- Right click on the photo.
- Select "Open With" then "Preview."
- When your file opens, select "File" then "Export."
- In the "Export" menu, name the new file, select the "jpeg" file format, then move the "Quality" slider toward "Least" until the file size is less than 2MB per photo.